top of page
  • Why do I need an educational guardian?
    Most UK boarding schools require overseas students up to the age of 18, who are in full-time education, to have a UK based educational guardian.
  • Why should I select Edugo Guardian?
    Edugo Guardian has many years experience in the guardianship of overseas students. Our Educational Guardians are UK residents with associates in Korea, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Europe. Guardianship services include the provision of a responsible adult who can act in the best interests of the student with guidance and support helping students feel at home in their new environment and liaising with their parents on a regular basis. The Education Guardian will ensure the safety, welfare and education of the student whilst in the United Kingdom.
  • How can I contact my educational guardian or they contact me?
    You can contact Edugo Guardian by using the mobile number provided to you or by KakaoTalk/WhatsApp/WeChat as well as by email. This allows you to reach out during working hours (9.00 to 6.00pm) for non-urgent matters. In the case of an emergency Edugo Guardian is available 24/7.
  • Healthcare Assistance
    Edugo Guardian help international students in accessing healthcare services when needed. This includes arranging medical appointments, ensuring they understand the healthcare system, and if necessary, communicating with healthcare providers.
  • What about Emergency Situations?
    Our objective is to give parents complete peace of mind, knowing that their child will be fully supported whilst at boarding school and with their host family. In an emergency Edugo Guardian will immediately help the student and notify their parents as soon as possible. Emergency contact numbers are available to students and their parents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Will the educational guardian attend the Parents’ evenings at my child's school?
    Depending on the package you have selected, your educational guardian can attend your child's parents evenings. They or Edugo Guardian will then report to the parents regarding the student's academic progress and, if required, can provide further advice and support regarding the choice of appropriate courses.
  • Where will my child stay during holidays and weekend exeats?
    During school breaks we recommend approved Homestays for the students. These provide accommodation in the home of a UK host family. The student gets a room, meals and use of the house facilities during their stay.. The accommodation will have been inspected and is compliant with strict safeguarding policies.
  • How do you choose your Host Families?
    We meticulously screen the Homestay applicants to meet safety standards. Prospective families are asked to give details of the family members, their pets and other information to determine their suitability as a host for overseas students. Where possible we then arrange a home visit to meet the family and assess the facilities available to the student. All of our families are police checked (using the DBS or Disclosure and Barring Service) and provide references.
bottom of page