top of page

Edugo Guardian

Host Family Application

Host Details

Family and other residents

Your spouse/partner
Your Children
Temporary/permanent residents
Do you or your spouse/partner have a valid UK driving licence?
Are you willing to drive if requird?

Homestay facilities 

Is Wi-Fi available?
Do you have a working smoke alarm?
Do you have a carbon monoxide detector?
Are gas safety inspections performed annually by qualified engineers?
*To become an Edugo Guardian host family, you must have an annual Gas Safe Certificate issued by a registered Gas Safe engineer. 
You can find your local Gas Safe engineer at the following site:

Do you have valid home insurance?
Have you completed a DBS enhanced check within the last 3 years?
Have your spouse/partner completed a DBS enhanced check within the last 3 years?
Have all other residents, including your children who are 16 years old and over, completed a DBS enhanced check within the last 3 years?
If you do not have a valid DBS, are you happy for Edugo Guardian to apply for the enhanced DBS check for you or your spoue/partner?
*For a DBS check, we need your passport details, driving licence, proof of address, and sometimes your birth certificate. The DBS application fee(s) will be deducted from your first payment, and it will cost £55 per person.
Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence or have a court case pending?
Have you completed children's safeguarding training recently?
If the answer is "no," we offer online safeguarding training before starting homestay.
Do you have a pet or pets?
Do you or your spouse/partner smoke?


Please provide two referees who have known you for at least two years and are not related to you; one of the referees should be a professional.
First Referee
Second Referee
*We will send you a self-declaration form to be signed by all household members aged 16 years and older for any convictions for criminal offences or for a court case pending, especially against children, and a medical declaration form to be signed to confirm your mental and physical fitness to become a host family separately.
*We need all of the certificate copies, including your DBS if you have one, and the Gas Safety Certificate.

Thank you for submitting your application! We will contact you shortly.

bottom of page