Dean Close St John's School
Dean Close St John’s boarding house is family-run and has a friendly, homely atmosphere surrounded by a pretty garden in the heart of the school grounds. A varied programme of weekend outings and activities is offered.
WHY CHOOSE DEAN CLOSE ST JOHN’S?
• Small class sizes mean every child is well known and supported.
• A close-knit, family-orientated school with excellent pastoral support.
• Flexible and able to work around each child’s needs.
• Inclusive – we encourage every child to participate in their engagement with academic learning and extra-curricular activities.
• Excellent wraparound care and flexi-boarding.
• 100% success at Common Entrance and very high rate of senior school scholarships.
• Scholarships continue to Dean Close Senior School.
• A unique location – beautiful and historic, close to the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean, nestling on the border of England and Wales with Bristol, Cardiff, Newport and Monmouth on the doorstep.
• It is a fun and happy school!
Extra-Curricular(CLUBS & ACTIVITIES)
Audiobooks Fencing Origami Athletics Football Pop Lacrosse Baking Gardening Prayer station Bible Studies Gymnastics Programming Cartoon Drawing
Hama Beads Remote Controlled Cars Chess Handwriting Revision Clinics Christian Unions Hockey Rugby 7s Colouring Club Horse Riding* Science Researchers Creative Kids
Hot Chocolate & Chick Flicks Shooting Cricket Nets Kick Rounders Sports Scholars’ Conditioning
Cross Country Lego & K’nex Swimming Clubs Dance Classes* Make it! Break it! Tennis
Darts Mixed Tag Rugby Textiles Design Technology Mosaic Watercolour
Although some students move on to other senior schools. (A list of which can be obtained from the School Office), the majority of our pupils go on to Dean Close Senior School from Year 8.
We also have a very successful scholarship programme, with a significant number of scholarships awarded for academic performance, as well as Music, Drama, Art, Design Technology and Sport.
070-7527 8363 (from Korea)
(Line open : 8am - 5pm UK Time)